6 Tips for saving on your monthly costs
Every household has to deal with a number of fixed costs that recur regularly. Groceries, insurance, energy costs, but also internet and telephone subscriptions or a consumer credit (loan). In this article you will find the best tips to save on your fixed costs.
Saving money in times of corona
In these difficult and uncertain times, many people are concerned with how to save money.
At the time of publication of this article, it is not yet clear how long the corona measures will last and what the ultimate impact on the economy will be. That is why we would like to share 6 immediately applicable tips with you to save on your (monthly) costs during the corona measures.
Cheaper and even healthier food can be done with the following tips:
- Choose the cheapest supermarket and walk in with a clear shopping list, which you then stick to.
- Buying fruit and vegetables on the market: cheaper and no pre-packaged vegetables (this is how you avoid waste).
- Eggs, unsalted peanuts and legumes (beans, lentils, chickpeas) instead of the usual piece of (more expensive) meat.
- Vegetables from the freezer (often cheaper, long shelf life, just as healthy).
- Products at the bottom of the shelf are cheaper than the A-brands at eye level.
- Water, tea, coffee and healthy (vegetable) snacks instead of soft drinks and pastries, chips or sweets.
- Offers (for example from advertising brochures): only save offers if they are also on your shopping list. This way you avoid waste and you don't even spend that lower amount.
2. Internet and TV
Which subscription suits you best? Choose the cheapest form of it. For example, if you do not watch football or other sports, a sports package has no added value.
- You can call for free via the internet, especially abroad (for example via Whatsapp).
- Cancel TV subscription and watch TV via the internet.
- Compare all-in-1 providers and switch if necessary.
- Have you ever thought of a water-saving shower head? Showering for 5 minutes instead of 8 - 12 minutes also saves money.
- Efficient use of appliances: switch off TV and radio when no one is watching / listening and only do laundry when the drum is full.
- Compare providers and possibly switch to a cheaper offer. That way you can save money every year!
- Does the current coverage still suit your situation? Can you save on the premium? Check all your insurance policies for coverage and conditions: household, car, liability and health insurance, but also your travel and cancellation insurance (having to cancel a holiday due to corona?).
- Compare insurance instead of placing everything with one insurer. An all-in-one insurance package is often more expensive than 'separate' insurance with different providers.
5. Telephone and calling costs
- Calling with VoiP (also for freelancers).
- Has your subscription been in effect for 2 years? Then consider keeping your old / current phone and save on the subscription costs.
- Disable downloads over 4G. Downloading via WiFi also works fine and saves costs, especially with heavy apps and documents.
6. Refinancing expensive loans
Last but not least: transfer or merge expensive loans into one clear Personal Loan with a lower and fixed interest rate.
Many people are not familiar with this option. Or consumers do not realize that multiple expensive loans (especially credit card debts, overdrafts or payments in installments at, for example, Wehkamp, Bijenkorf or Mediamarkt) are accompanied by unnecessarily high interest rates of up to 14%.
Transferring to one clear Personal Loan means that you pay off all your debts in one go. You then repay the borrowed amount in monthly installments with a much lower interest rate than your previous loans. The interest is now even historically low (starting from 3.9%) and will remain fixed for the entire term of the Personal Loan. So no unpleasant surprises due to flexible or excessively high interest rates!
Refinancing has even more advantages: lower monthly costs (due to the lower interest rate), a shorter term and better conditions. Transferring is free and can be done at any time. If you choose to refinance your expensive loans , you will benefit from better conditions that are better suited to your current situation. At Snaploan Online, we also check annually whether the loan is still suitable for you. This way you can be sure that your loan will not cause you financial problems.
The transfer of expensive loans to a responsible Personal Loan offers a chance for a healthier financial picture, especially now - during the corona crisis. You can immediately request a quote to have residual debts transferred .
Even though we live in uncertain, frightening times, with the above tips we hope to offer you some grip on your financial household and the chance of cheaper monthly payments.
Or as Winston Churchill said: never waste a good crisis.