Insulating your home is not only good for the environment, but also for your wallet. Thanks to the energy-saving insulation, your energy bill will decrease. And you make a long-term contribution to a better environment. You choose the amount and term to finance the insulation of your home. Request a quote online for a Personal Loan and you will receive a suitable offer from one of our partner banks within 24 hours. You can borrow from us from 5000 us dollars.
Personal loan with tax benefit
Financing your home insulation with a Personal Loan means financial security, responsible borrowing and a tax benefit.
- The money will be deposited into your account in one go, often within 48 hours.
- The fixed low interest rate of this loan form is tax deductible .
- You repay a fixed amount in repayment and interest every month.
- The term is fixed, so you know the end date on which the loan was repaid.
- With a Personal Loan you do not pay any advice and closing costs. By way of comparison: with financing via a mortgage, the advice, closing and notary costs can amount to about 2500 us dollars.
- The term of a Personal Loan is on average around 10 years. As a result, you are ultimately cheaper than financing via a mortgage with a term of 30 years. Even if the mortgage interest is lower.
Did you know: a Personal Loan can even benefit you in box 3 . This applies to debts from 3000 us dollar per person.
With attic insulation you can quickly save 30% on your energy costs. Much less heat is lost in winter and you keep the heat out in summer. Attic insulation often provides a better environmental label. Good for the environment and for the sales value of your home!
The prices for insulating your attic range from 20 to about 65 US dollars per square meter. The desired insulation material and its thickness, the method of insulation and the method of finishing (finishing layer) also determine the costs of your attic insulation.
Crawl space insulation
The big advantage of crawl space insulation is the comfortable feeling. The floor feels warmer and cools down much more slowly in the winter months. Your house stays warm longer and you therefore need to use less energy. That will save you at least 10 to 15 percent on your energy bill. In addition, crawl space insulation helps to get a better energy label on the home. To isolate the crawl space, you can have the floor tackled, the ground or a combination of both. The options depend on the accessibility of your crawl space and the type of cold or moisture problem.
For the costs you can take into account approximately 50 us dollars per square meter. Your energy consumption drops immediately, so that the costs for your crawlspace insulation are recouped within 5 to 10 years.
Why borrow from us?
- Free use of your Personal Loan for home insulation. This means that we do not impose any restrictions on the loan objective 'home insulation'. With other credit companies, for example, you have to spend 75% of the loan on solar panels and 25% on other energy-saving matters. With us you are free to determine yourself which insulating measures you take.
- Lowest fixed interest rate - now historically low from 3.6%
- With 1 request a complete and realistic offer of 5 banks.
- No expensive advisers needed and therefore cheaper than the big banks.
- Always pay extra without penalty.
3 Tips for insulating your home
- Request multiple quotes. It pays to compare prices! Always check how extra work is handled and whether there are other additional costs with a (cheap) quotation.
- If you are going to insulate anyway, ask the contractor how durable the material used is. Even though a variety of environmentally friendly insulation materials is now available, the construction sector often pays insufficient attention to eco-friendly insulation. Natural and sustainable insulation materials are, for example, clay, straw, cork, tonzon, sheep wool, cellulose, hemp, recycled cotton, flax or wood fibers.
- Investigate whether you are eligible for premiums or subsidies and whether you can make use of a lower VAT rate on the insulation work. In this way you can sometimes reduce the cost price considerably.