Why should you buy solar panels?
Investing in sustainable energy such as solar panels is a wise choice. You save on your energy costs every month and it is better for the environment. You also benefit from a double tax advantage: you can reclaim the VAT and the interest on your loan is deductible from income tax.
What are the benefits of solar panels?
Solar panels are becoming increasingly popular. The benefits are therefore convincing, especially in terms of cost savings and value enhancement:
- You have free electricity and even earn money by feeding back electricity. The investment for solar panels pays for itself after about six years and from then on you will make a profit.
- It's much better for the environment.
- You are no longer dependent on an (expensive) energy supplier.
- Increase in the value of your home: solar panels are very attractive to buyers. You also get a better energy label; your home will increase in value as a result.
- Solar panels are an investment for a longer period of time, therefore a term of more than 10 years is also possible (121 - 180 months, so 10 - 15 years). For example with a renovation loan , in which you take solar panels with you. The big advantage of a long term is the low monthly installments for interest and repayments. The longer the term, the lower the monthly amount. Solar panels yield a profit, so that you can ultimately pay the interest and repayments from your energy savings in a budget-neutral way.
Tip: Calculate how many solar panels you need on the Consumentenbond site.
Financing options for solar panels
Many people want to increase their mortgage for solar panels or to make their home more sustainable. But for sustainable renovations under € 50,000, that is an expensive form of financing. There are alternatives such as municipal subsidy schemes, but sometimes the budget in the relevant place of residence has run out. National subsidy schemes no longer exist. Moreover, solar panels have already turned out to be so profitable that no subsidy is needed anymore.
That is why we advise people to look at consumer credit such as a Personal Loan as the most advantageous way to finance solar panels and other forms of home improvement / making their home more sustainable.
Personal Loan ideal for solar panels
A Personal Loan is the most popular loan for solar panels. You borrow exactly the amount you need for your solar system. The money will be in your account within a few days. With a Personal Loan:
- you pay a fixed low interest rate that is tax deductible;
- you benefit from a fixed term. This allows you to adjust the running time to the lifespan of the solar panels;
- you borrow a fixed amount for solar panels that you pay off monthly with a fixed amount in repayment and interest.
Why borrow from us?
- Lowest fixed interest rate from 3.9%
- Always pay off penalty-free
- With one request a complete range of 5 banks in one overview: compare interest, conditions and date of payment in one overview
- You will receive a realistic offer
- Request a quote without obligation and free of charge
- Fast, error-free and inexpensive
- Money back guarantee!
- Always cheaper than the regular banks: we only work online, do not provide expensive advice and are specialized in loans.
Which is even more interesting to you
You can finance all sustainable investments in your home such as solar panels, a heat pump or insulation via Snaploan Online. You take out one clear, tax-deductible loan with complete freedom about how you want to design your renovation. For example, our Green Loan is specifically intended for sustainable renovations. Interim repayments are always possible and are completely free of penalties.
Co-finance an electric car
Do you drive electrically or are you considering purchasing an electric car? Then solar panels are extra interesting in connection with your extra power consumption. If desired, you can finance everything in one loan. Keep in mind that the interest for the electric car (for example a Tesla 3) is not tax deductible and that the term for some car loans is a maximum of 96 months.
For more information, please contact us .
3 Tips for purchasing solar panels
- Tested solar panels: Only buy solar panels that have been assessed as good by a testing institute. With (too) cheap solar panels that offer parts for sale separately, the following often applies: cheap is expensive. With all repairs and problems as a result.
- Pay attention to the efficiency of the solar panels. For maximum efficiency, solar panels with an efficiency of 17% are the best purchase. With an efficiency of 15% or lower, you are actually buying a cat in the poke, because you save far too little energy.
- Check the price per Wp. When purchasing solar panels, it is best not to look at what a solar panel costs, but at the costs per capacity unit, the Wp. A calculation: a 300Wp solar panel costs 230 us dollar and has a higher efficiency than a 280Wp solar panel of 220 us dollar. The slightly more expensive solar panel ultimately costs 77 cents per Wp and the cheaper one comes out at 79 cents per Wp.