E-bike or Pedelec financing via Personal Loan
It is best to finance your electric bicycle with a Personal Loan.
You borrow an agreed amount once for a specific loan purpose, in this case your electric bicycle (and accessories). You repay monthly on the loan amount and the interest. You cannot withdraw repaid amounts again, which is why your debt decreases every month.
The interest and term (and thus the monthly costs) are fixed with a Personal Loan. You can repay extra penalty-free on both loans so that the loan amount drops even faster. In this way, a Personal Loan offers the safety and security to borrow money as responsibly as possible.
A Personal Loan is borrowing money with a fixed low interest rate
- Fixed low interest rate from 3.5% - Lowest in the Netherlands!
- Borrow a fixed amount once from € 5,000
- Fixed term with fixed monthly installments
- Always pay extra without penalty
- Secure, responsible and affordable online closing
Apply for loan for an electric bicycle
You can use our calculation tool to calculate how much you can borrow . Do you know which loan you want to apply for? Use our online application form and we will send you a quote with an offer from our partner banks. Our interest rates are currently historically low and we offer favorable terms.
Why borrow from us?
- Lowest fixed interest rate from 3.5%. For an electric bicycle you can borrow from 5000 us dollar at an interest rate of 6.2%.
- With 1 request a complete and realistic offer of 5 banks. You are really eligible for this offer.
- 100% online, so no expensive offices required and therefore lower costs
- No expensive advisers needed and therefore cheaper than the big banks
- Specialized in credits only
- Fast, error-free and inexpensive
- Always pay extra without penalty
- Money back guarantee!
Borrowing tips for an electric bicycle
- What is the difference between an e-bike and a pedelec? There are roughly 4 types of electric bicycles. An e-bike is a bicycle that - just like a normal bicycle - simply gets moving by pedaling.
In addition, it is equipped with an electric motor. That actually makes an e-bike the electric version of the well-known moped (such as the former Spartamet). On an e-bike, your pedaling power on the crankshaft is independent of the power supplied by the electric motor. Pedaling is therefore possible, but is certainly not necessary to get the bicycle moving. E-bikes may have a maximum speed of up to 25 km / h.
A pedelec (Pedal Electric Cycle) is a bicycle with pedal assistance. With a pedelec, the force you exert on the pedals is always supported by an electric motor. If you stop pedaling, the electrical assistance will also stop. Pedelecs are now the most sold type of electric bicycle in the Netherlands. Pedelecs are also allowed to drive at a maximum speed of 25 km / h.
Then there are Speed Pedelecs (up to 45 km / h) and Hybrids.
- What does an electric bicycle cost? Note: cheap is often expensive. Just like the familiar home-garden-and-kitchen bicycle, an electric bicycle is half-timbered. After all, an electric bicycle has to be safe, sturdy and user-friendly and you want it to last for years. Add to that the technology of the electric motor and you automatically end up with a price tag of about 1000 to 3000 us dollars for an e-bike. A pedelec costs about 3,000 to 5,000 US dollars and a Speed Pedelec has a price tag of 3,500 to over 10,000 US dollars. Depending on what is on the electric bicycle, such as a very powerful battery, a middle or rear wheel motor or all kinds of accessories, the price can go up a bit further. You can have an electric bicycle meet all your wishes; a good idea if you want to use it a lot / as the first mode of transport. Prefer not to cut back on a comfortable saddle, sturdy bicycle bags or a good helmet, because you want to enjoy your handy electric bicycle for years to come!
- Duration of use of electric bicycle and term of loan. When determining the term of the loan, take into account the economic life of the electric bicycle. How long do you want to use it? With a useful life of, for example, 5 - 8 years, it makes no sense to let the loan run for 10 years. It would be a shame if you still have to make payments for an electric bicycle that you no longer use.
- Deductible. There are all kinds of tax benefits if you use a car to commute to work. The same applies to an electric bicycle: you may simply deduct an electric bicycle from the tax. This saves you up to 50% of the purchase costs. Feel free to ask your employer what he / she has arranged for this.
There is also a scheme for entrepreneurs and self-employed persons to deduct the electric bicycle for business use.
- What accessories do you need? Apart from a safe helmet, comfortable saddle and waterproof / vandal-proof panniers, there are a number of accessories that can extend the life of your electric bicycle and increase your cycling pleasure. How about a battery cover, display cover for your screen, charger, strong lock and a cover for the entire e-bike or pedelec? There are even alarm boxes that protect your belongings with a sound of 100db when attempted theft. Include these accessories in the cost of your electric bicycle when you request a quote for the e-bike or pedelec of your dreams. Also consider insurance!
We wish you a nice ride.