Panola County’s #1 Emergency Services District
A regular meeting of Panola County’s #1 Emergency Services District will be held on Tuesday, July 19 at 7:00 p.m. at the Carthage Civic Center at 1702 S. Adams St. in Carthage
1. Call to order/set a quorum and start the meeting.
2. Read, amend and approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 21, 2022.
3. Comments or suggestions from the audience.
4. Present the Chiefs Association Chair and the Panola County Fire Marshal and take action on their reports, inquiries and suggestions, as appropriate.
5. Submit May, Dawson and Murff’s report on the proposed duties of the new position of Fire Marshal and take appropriate action.
6. Submit Giles, Dawson and Murff’s report on the potential purchase of up to 4 new firefighting units and take action if necessary.
7. Discuss and take action and vote as needed to authorize Holly Gibbs to act as tax auditor/collector for the PCESD1 and authorize her to calculate and publish all required items for the forthcoming tax collection.
8. Discuss the interim tax rate options for 2022 to be adopted at the August meeting.
9. Discuss upcoming budget submissions for Budget 2023 from the VFDs and discuss tax items.
10. Discuss and take appropriate action, as appropriate, on requests from VFDs to purchase items from the contingency budget or to change previously approved capital items.
11. Discuss and approve payment of monthly bills.
12. Discuss and approve the monthly accounts.