BRYAN COLLEGE STATION, Texas – The Texas A&M Aggies wrap up the non-conference action when they host the Santa Clara Broncos for a three-game series at Olsen Field in Blue Bell Park. The Friday game has a first place at 6:32 p.m., followed by the Saturday (2:02 p.m.) and Sunday (11:02 a.m.) games.
ABOUT THE AGGIES
Aggie starting pitchers were dominant early in the season. The rotation owns a 5-1 record with a 1.74 ERA and a .215 opponent batting average. They also boast a WHIP ratio of 0.95 and a strikeout to walk ratio of 7.44.
Overall, Texas A&M pitchers were stingy with runners on base and kept opponents on the pond at a .206 batting average (36 to 175) with ducks. The clip includes .130 (9-for-69) with runners on base and two outs, .143 (6-for-42) with runners in scoring position and two outs. start pitchers Nathan Detmer, Micah Dallas, Ryan Prager and Christian Curtis have limited opponents based on only 15-for-82 (.161) at the plate with bishops.
The aggie-pitching staff ranks third in the nation and leads the SEC with the fewest walks per nine innings with a 2.12 clip while giving out just 25 base on balls in 106.0 innings. The Maroon & White also rank first in the SEC and fifth in the nation with a strikeout-to-walk ratio of 4.60 and 115 strikeouts. Texas A&M’s WHIP ranks 15th in the nation at 1.06. Weekend starters Dettmer, Dallas and Prager totaled 55 strikeouts and four walks in their first three rounds, for a total of 48.2 innings.
The Aggies boast one of the most experienced batsmen in the nation Dylan Rock. The UTSA transfer ranks 20th among NCAA Division I active players with 695 at-bats. Rock ranks seventh among active players in runs (153), 11th in doubles (47), 12th in hits (218), 18th in total bases (325), 22nd in games played (186) and walks (94), and 41st in RBI (115).
Dallas goes into the weekend in 17th placeth among NCAA Division I active pitchers with 208 strikeouts. He leads the SEC and is ranked 15thth in the nation in strikeout-to-walk ratio (22.0). He is also second in the SEC and 15thth in the nation in the fewest walks per nine innings (0.47).
• FRIDAY: #35 Nathan Detmer (Sun., RHP, 1-1, 3.52 ERA) vs. #14 Cole Kitchen (Jr., RHP, 1-01 3.18)
• SATURDAY: #34 Micah Dallas (Jr., RHP, 1-0, 1.40 ERA) vs. #20 Skylar Hales (Sun., RHP, 1-1, 2.30)
• SUNDAY: #18 Ryan Prager (Fr., LHP, 0-0, 1.29 ERA) vs. TBA
RECOGNIZING THE OPPONENT
The Broncos head into Blue Bell Park on a six-game winning streak, including their most recent win in California (9-6) on Tuesday. SCU is 8-4 on the season with a three-game win over UC San Diego and two of three wins over Northwestern.
The Aggies are 3-0 all-time against Santa Clara, with all games in a 2004 series played at the Bush & Olsen corner. Texas A&M opened the series with a 12-2 win and then a pair of one-run games (5-4 & 4-3). Current Associate Director of Athletics, Texas A&M Justin Moore clinched the win in the opener and hit two runs with seven hits while hitting three in 6.0 innings. Texas A&M is 18-8 all-time against the West Coast Conference, including winning two of three from Gonzaga in a 2019 home series.
– Hawaiian Shirt Giveaway – A&M Gig ‘Em Hawaiian shirts are available to the first 500 fans at the indoor marketing table.
– A&M Faculty & Staff Appreciation – two FREE tickets in advance (or at the gate) for Texas A&M Faculty & Staff with the option to purchase additional tickets for $5 each. | Link https://aggi.es/3J4UZAq (use promo code FACSTAFF)
– Scout Day – $5 tickets with promo code SCOUT https://aggi.es/3J4UZAq
– Girl Scout Day – a ticket and a Scout patch for $7 with the promo code GIRLSCOUT https://aggi.es/3J4UZAq
– Bubble Machine raffle for all fans.
– Sunday Funday at Blue Bell Park – Purchase a full price GA/Lawn/SRO ticket at the Blue Bell Park ticket office and bring up to four children to the game for FREE (Walkup sale only)… pre-game face paint in the first base hall over The playground.
– Little League Sundays – Children under the age of 12 in their Little League uniform may enter the venue two hours before 1amSt Pitch to watch batting practice.
– Kids Run the Bases and Team Autographs (presented by The Pool Guy) – Stay after the game every Sunday to run the bases and get autographs from your favorite Aggies.
– Pregame Anthem Buddies (presented by Raising Cane’s) – Children 12 and under are invited to meet at Guest Services 30 minutes to 1St Pitch to take the field with the aggie starters during the national anthem.
All A&M home games can be streamed via SEC Network+ while fans can watch locally at 1150pm/93.7FM or within the 12th floorth Man Mobile App. Additionally, live statistics are available for fans to follow all three games.
Tickets can be purchased at 12thMan.com/BaseballTickets.
To learn more about Texas A&M Baseball, log on to 12thMan.com or follow @AggieBaseball on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.