The decomposing body of a 69-year-old man found at the Pasir Panjang Wholesale Center – Mothership.SG



Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates:

The body of a 69-year-old man was found at the Pasir Panjang Wholesale Center after the body began to rot and a neighboring wholesaler smelled the odor and a “foul-smelling liquid” leaked from the device. Shin Min Daily News (SMDN) reported.

The body was discovered on October 9 at 5:26 p.m. in Block 10 of the wholesale center.

According to his previous employer at the wholesale center, the deceased had previously been a vegetable wholesaler for about 20 years and continued to work for other wholesalers in the center after his shop closed.

Wholesaler noted “unusual smell” and “malodorous liquid”

Speaking to Shin Min, a 60-year-old wholesaler said he noticed an “unusual smell” at 11 a.m. on October 9 and initially assumed it came from the corpse of a dead rodent.

He then found a “foul-smelling liquid” flowing from one of the units and determined that it was something “unusual”.

The wholesaler allegedly claimed it notified management before leaving the scene to deliver its goods.

However, he said that nothing had been done by 4:00 p.m. when he returned, prompting him to call the police.

The police then arrived at the scene to examine and transport the body.

Block 10, Pasir Panjang Wholesale Center. (Image via Shin Min Daily News)

Another wholesaler who lives in a unit on the same row of shops told Shin Min that the deceased usually slept in the warehouse and apparently had an illness with his legs.

Speaking to Shin Min, police said the man was found motionless in the unit and died of natural causes.

“Persistent smell”

A 25-year-old wholesaler said he caught a hint of the smell two days before the body was discovered but wasn’t sure where it came from, Shin Min said.

That it was the smell of a rotting corpse did not occur to him at the time until the police showed up at the scene two days later.

He reportedly claimed he could still smell the smell two days after the body was discovered, and it took four days for a cleaning crew to arrive on October 13 to clean the crime scene.

Cleaning carried out on the device. (Image via Shin Min Daily News)

The wholesale center management told Shin Min that they would have to wait for the police to remove the cordon and ask permission from the deceased’s family before proceeding with two rounds of cleaning.

Prayers in unity

After the incident, people believed to be the deceased’s family were burned at the crime scene, Shin Min reported.

The Pasir Panjang Wholesale Center was one of the places where a Covid-19 cluster was registered and was reportedly closed for three days before reopening on September 30th.

After it reopened, the public was not allowed to enter the wholesale center’s premises and, according to Shin Min, only wholesalers and “relevant parties” were allowed to enter.

Top picture via Shin Min Daily News & Siang Hang Lim / Google Maps



Leave A Reply